We’re looking to add a talented, friendly and dependable mid to senior level digital designer to our roster. You are passionate about your craft, make work you are proud of and have a desire to continue learning and growing.
You are seasoned in digital, and thrive on the process as well as the end result. You collaborate smoothly with other team members and clients, and can clearly communicate abstract concepts. You are driven to push every last pixel until it’s perfect.
You’re comfortable working with UX designers’ wires, as well as creating your own before starting the design process. You empathize with the user. You lean on best practices, but are curious and try new things to make them better. You like building prototypes to test interaction theories whenever feasible. You know that nuance matters, and the details count.
While the vast majority of work would be digital UI Design, we are hoping to find someone who is strong in branding/identity work as well. Additional abilities in print, illustration or animation would be a bonus.
Vacuum is an award-winning digital brand agency that’s been around since 2003. We work for established brands like Arc’teryx and Tonal, and help small startups find their footing. We are part of the Fig Leaf Group, a global team of media companies. While the focus of this role is on agency work for external clients, the right person would also derive satisfaction nurturing our inhouse brands such as Maths – No Problem!
Many of the Vacuum crew are based in Squamish and Vancouver, but we are a fully remote team, and welcome applicants from anywhere in Canada. We value openness and honesty, and treat our coworkers and clients like we treat our friends. We take our work seriously, and ourselves lightly. No egos or attitudes here.
- Participate in creative concepting sessions
- Responsive UI Design for phones, computers, tablets etc
- Adhere to brand guidelines and apply them in the interactive space
- Translate concepts into effective design executions
- Present work directly to clients
- DQA on developers’ work
- Work directly with clients and third-party partners
- Roadmap/estimate time required for tasks
- An inspiring portfolio
- A passion to make great work
- Fluent in responsive design and its intricacies
- Knowledge of the UX process
- Strong presentation & communication skills
- Expert in Figma or Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc
- Experience with digital design systems/libraries
- Organized and detail-oriented to the very last pixel
- 3+ years experience in a digital agency
Nice to Haves
- UX experience
- Branding experience
- Illustration skills
- Animation skills
- Print experience